Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Saturday, 3rd September, 1920

My second day in Portsmouth turned out to be very eventful. My dinner party for my new friends in this town progressed smoothly when I heard a loud crash from the library.

I immediatelty rushed there only to find to my horror a burglar staring at me from the ledge of my broken window. Then he vanished outside without me having a proper chance to acquire a good recollection of his appearance. He seems to have stolen some of the books in the library, that belonged to the former owner of my home. Having spent most of the day sorting through the library while my new housemaid Mrs. Wilson prepared dinner I was able to recall a faint memory of the missing volumes. Apparently they were without title and author and contained many blank pages and a languague which I don't recognize. It is a lot like the book the burglar dropped. As I browsed through the pages of the dropped volume I came across a strange looking pentagram. The book itself seemed to instill an eerie feeling with me, but it must be the whole event that has left me ill at ease. Nevertheless I decided to secure the book in a desk drawer.

One of my party guests, Victor Ramski leapt after the burglar and pursued him into the woods. There he sustained a minor head injury that I was able to treat after finding him nearly unconcious. The tracks left by the burglar seem to indicate that he was barefooted and have abnormally large feet.

The police arrived rather promptly, but don't seem to have any leads on who performed this ghastly deed. I can but wait for their resolution of the matter, but I fear that closure in this matter is far from hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home